Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Frustrating
OldeWolfe

Frustrating
With the move of all the Central Custom Servers to Chicago it's become increasingly difficult for me to compete with most if not all of the T:A players. Seeing an increase of Jugs using the X1 and snipers making long range single shot kills ... if I cannot compete on some level with these players (being totally dominated) it is not fun for me ... my days as a T:A player are most probably numbered until/unless HiRez establishes a South Central location for Custom Servers in Dallas (which I have suggested to HiRez Server Admins). We all know how responsive they are to those of us who are nobodys so ... a Central South location for servers is not something I expect to see. The weapons in the game/classes never made too much sense to me ... unbalanced and such, and now with the relocation of the Central servers it has effectively removed me from play. Angry I've had several email exchanges with HiRezAustin (the last reply by me was very candid) and he said he would forward my suggestion to the Server Admins but I've not seen too much reason or logic in HiRez's decisions so I don't expect a response. Tonight, I quit a game in which I was playing with Mongoose and Duster in utter frustration ... and if you haven't been seeing me much in game lately ... now you know why. Huh

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
04-03-2013 08:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tasadar1

RE: Frustrating
I really hate to think about this game without you playing as part of it. I completely understand your frustration. I am having the same type of game results that you are. People that I have been playing with on TDM and Arena for the past 4 months now completely dominate me in every game. I am not great at this game, but when my ping is stable I can hold my own with nearly any player. Trouble is since the move, my connection has to go through St Louis to get to Chicago or the East coast servers in Maryland. It used to go through Dallas for both locations. The ping was stable with a plus or minus 5 fluctuation. Now it swings by 15 to 20 from second to second. I would take a high ping with a stable fluctuation over what we are currently getting.
04-04-2013 12:35 AM
Takavoncracka

Http://www.tribecygnus.net/showthread.php?tid=972

Been there, said the same things Smile I know how you feel, man.
04-04-2013 12:13 PM
JaggedMarble

At times I'll admit that it would be amusing to see what happened if bullet spread was introduced in any kind of meaningful manner in this game. Though honestly I don't think that'll fix the problem, "payoffs" for using autos are too high. Now if they re-introduced minediscing... Now THAT would make people use autos less Wink

I'll certainly miss playing with ya Wolfe so don't stay away too long Smile. Don't feel alone though some days just suck in tribes, we all have those "no-fun" days buddy.
04-04-2013 12:46 PM
Spinebuster

One change wont make the game any better. They dont know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to weapon balancing.

Online Sports League
04-04-2013 04:30 PM
demontoe

You can't leave OldeWolfe Heart the demontoe a.k.a. gardok just got here Angel

" ya got 3 or 4 good pals u got yerself a tribe , there ain't nuthin stronger than that "
-- some cool dude Cool
04-06-2013 07:18 PM
Knight

Yeah ya can't leave Olde, I won't let ya. Smile

[Image: cubesig.jpg]
04-06-2013 09:32 PM
NetRat

Never give up, never surrender!

Seriously, you are and always will be a stalwart in our Tribes community.

As for ping, ride it out. My ping to the central servers is terrible lately, but it didn't use to be. I hope they find the issues and resolve them. On your end, you can trace route the server to see where the lag exists. The only issue is knowing the host or ip of the central server(s).
04-08-2013 03:10 PM
OldeWolfe

Thanks for the thoughts Gardok, Knight and NetRat, I find the encouragment to be a salve for this ol' tired, frustrated Wolfe.

I've run a traceroute and the problem has something to do with the HiRez servers, all the other sites I've run are normal.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 07:11 PM by OldeWolfe.)
04-08-2013 07:10 PM
MisterH

Even though I have crappy internet right now, my ping has about doubled on the Tribes servers. Heck, you guys have seen me bounce up to 500 or higher in some cases. Stupid server moves.

Hoping it gets a little better when I get cable.
04-08-2013 10:29 PM