Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Season 4 Proposal
Spinebuster

RE: Season 4 Proposal
That is a good idea but from past experiences its hard to get people to discuss things while they are playing. Plus i have always thought that the message gets to everyone more efficiently on a website. Its just a matter of directing everyone where to go to find out whats going on. I think we just need some more communication from alot of us regulars in order to grow.

Online Sports League
05-09-2013 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spinebuster

JaggedMarble Wrote:I think we should really get rules finalized. We seem to be kicking around several rules unable to make a firm decision due to lack of input. Maybe we should start a poll for some of the more contentious ideas? I'm just trying to get more input on the rules that we'd all be using because it seems like only a few of us are offering input on the forum.

I agree and I like the idea. Looks like I have a few polls to make.

I can only think of 2 polls at the moment, upgrades and fractals. Any others?

Online Sports League
05-09-2013 02:33 PM
JaggedMarble

I'm fine with doing it live via TS. Only thing is we should make a list to make sure we cover all topics and it has some kind of order, but that wouldn't be very hard to make a schedule for. Honestly I might throw up a post later just to get us started on a list of topics and we can adjust that between now and when we have this discussion? At the very least we should have a list of what rules need more discussion regardless of whether or not we do a TS discussion.

The only real potential i see is that it loses is an anonymous vote. I know many of you guys have no problem speaking your minds and surely most of you know I'll run my mouth no matter what popular opinion is. Tongue However, I do worry about some people not wanting to vote against seemingly popular ideas because they don't wanna be the one who disagrees. Though I can't really think of a way to counteract that without an anonymous vote, just food for thought.

I hope I'm not being to nosey with all this. I do realize at the end of the day the servers belong to Oldewolfe and Spine and they can do whatever they darn well please with them. Just trying to be helpful. Smile
05-09-2013 02:50 PM
OldeWolfe

All good ideas and thoughts and perhaps a combination of the two (Ts3 and a Poll) would work. It seems to me that everyone doesn't visit either board (Spinebuster's or this one which belongs to Green Eagle [Spinebuster and I help him out some]) very often, but most everyone is on Ts3 sometime during the week. Perhaps we just need to have list of things to discuss like Jagged Marble suggested and make sure everyone is polled one way or the other.

I think Spinebuster is correct, the only two things that we need everyone's input on that I'm aware of are upgrades (which will have to be all or none) and fractals which can be banned from the class...unless someone wants the Infiltrator class dorked. The Sentinel class is already banned, and imo it was a good decision after playing a few pubs this week where a couple of snipers easily dominated the maps.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 09:47 AM by OldeWolfe.)
05-09-2013 04:08 PM
Donk-

Yeah I didn't mean while we were playing Spine, just hop on to discuss some topics. Either way, I usually roam the forums once a day and I should be on TS more regularly now. So either way I'm fine.
05-09-2013 10:35 PM
NetRat

We seem to gather the most on Saturday evenings. I propose we play a round first, take a short break to discuss these items, then continue playing.
05-10-2013 04:24 PM
Gorthaur

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
05-10-2013 08:43 PM
JaggedMarble

I have a rather nasty corneal abrasion so I'm on medicated eyedrops and likely gone until it heals fully, but I want fractals on and upgrades off.
05-11-2013 06:35 PM
OldeWolfe

We had over 25 people in the pug tonight and discussed the possible rule changes after the first map. Long and short of it: fractals in, upgrades out. Sorry about the eye, heal up soon!

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 11:42 PM by OldeWolfe.)
05-11-2013 11:41 PM
Spinebuster

Vote for your Season 4 Mixer Tournament interest here.

Online Sports League
05-11-2013 11:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Proposal For This Week's Mixers CAS04 11 13,740 08-26-2013 05:37 PM
Last Post: OldeWolfe
  Tribes: Ascend 5v5 Mixer Tournament :: Season Three Takavoncracka 61 65,926 04-20-2013 11:04 AM
Last Post: Gorthaur
  Tribes: Ascend 5v5 Mixer Tournament :: Season Two Takavoncracka 2 5,715 01-07-2013 11:06 PM
Last Post: Takavoncracka