Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Season 4 Proposal
Spinebuster

Season 4 Proposal
I would like to suggest that we start using the OSL's ladder and tournament system to give the tournament a little more structure to it to support more players and teams.

How this would work:

Once the draft is completed, each team captain would create a team at the osl, add the new team members then join the proper ladder. Once the teams are on the ladder then the season will begin. The ladder will help determine finals seeding and also track stats. Once the regular season is completed then the ladder will be archived.

Matches during the regular season would be setup per Taka's normal schedule that he makes and then its up to the Team Captains to challenge the teams before each upcoming match. During the challenging process the team captains can discuss a match time through the match comm option in their Team Control Panel. Then when the match is complete the team captains will report the win/loss and enter in the stats from the game. I would suggest map end screenshots for this.

When the regular season ends we would then move to the tournament system for the finals matches. Then when the finals are complete we can archive this tournament and all of teams players with all of the stats.

The site is ready to go, all that is missing is all of us utilizing it.

Online Sports League
03-30-2013 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

RE: Season 4 Proposal
Awesome! I say do it!

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
03-30-2013 10:04 PM
Takavoncracka

I'm game. To do this does everyone have to be registered on the OSL site? If so, we need to get ppl signed up there before Season 4 Draft.
03-31-2013 11:37 AM
Spinebuster

Yes, they will have to register there in order to be on a team. I will get a list of people that are not registered yet.

One thing I need to know is how we want to handle map/side choice. Right now its setup to select 3 random maps along with a random side for each map. If we dont want random maps then this can easily be turned off and the team captains can select maps/sides in match comms.

Online Sports League
03-31-2013 12:24 PM
NetRat

(03-31-2013 12:24 PM)Spinebuster Wrote:  Yes, they will have to register there in order to be on a team. I will get a list of people that are not registered yet.

One thing I need to know is how we want to handle map/side choice. Right now its setup to select 3 random maps along with a random side for each map. If we dont want random maps then this can easily be turned off and the team captains can select maps/sides in match comms.

Since we don't have permanent teams where a higher seed gets preference, I like the idea of random maps/sides. What maps will the system choose from? Also, I assume in a best of 3 games, it won't choose the same map twice?
04-01-2013 09:50 AM
Spinebuster

The maplist is setup from the admin panel on the website. It can be edited at anytime to add/remove maps. It will not select the same map twice.

Online Sports League
04-01-2013 04:04 PM
Tasadar1

This sounds like a very workable plan. Let's do it!
04-01-2013 10:40 PM
Spinebuster

For those that may not now. Season 4 has been delayed because of inactivity. If we can keep the attendance up at the mixers and the interest is there to have another season then we can get things rolling again. I will say that things will be arranged a little differently for the next season if we decide to do it. We will use the OSL's ladder and tournament sections for the match arrangements. I was thinking of maybe a 4-6 game regular season then have a playoff for the title. We could even set something up for prizes for the winner. I know APC once said that if we want to do prizes that he may be able to help out with that.

I was also considering doing the draft differently. I would do the draft how we used to do it at the OSL when we played T2. Just gather all the names through signups then just have the draft with team captains present. I think it would go smoother and take less time that way.

With all that said, the interest still has to be there to even consider it. Maybe we can get some of the [CAS] guys/gals involved?

Online Sports League
05-09-2013 09:31 AM
JaggedMarble

Considering the drop in attendance I think we have to get some of them involved. I'm also hoping attendance might pick up a bit now that finals are ending, but not gonna hold my breath.

I think we should really get rules finalized. We seem to be kicking around several rules unable to make a firm decision due to lack of input. Maybe we should start a poll for some of the more contentious ideas? I'm just trying to get more input on the rules that we'd all be using because it seems like only a few of us are offering input on the forum.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 11:43 AM by JaggedMarble.)
05-09-2013 11:42 AM
Donk-

Ive been away on vacation/work but I'll be on this weekend and the upcoming weeks. But I've always been a fan of discussing these things live through TS. My suggestion Spine/Olde is to put a date and time we could all join TS and discuss the rules we want and go with it. Sometimes discussing through forums could take days to get finalized where with this potential setting we could just hammer out all ideas.

Thoughts?
05-09-2013 01:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Proposal For This Week's Mixers CAS04 11 14,084 08-26-2013 05:37 PM
Last Post: OldeWolfe
  Tribes: Ascend 5v5 Mixer Tournament :: Season Three Takavoncracka 61 67,445 04-20-2013 11:04 AM
Last Post: Gorthaur
  Tribes: Ascend 5v5 Mixer Tournament :: Season Two Takavoncracka 2 5,904 01-07-2013 11:06 PM
Last Post: Takavoncracka