Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Mixer Tournament Reference Board
Takavoncracka

Mixer Tournament Reference Board
Hey guys, as I'm sure you may have noticed, the original site for the 5v5 mixer tournament that you all signed up on (http://legionofchaos.comxa.com/tournament) has been down for about 48 hours. I have been in talks with my webhost trying to be as tactful as possible that they ripped down my site without any warning or correspondence, and all attempts to find out specifically why have had vague "automated" responses.

If it continues for more than another 48 hours, I'm afraid we may have to chalk up the database information as lost. The database included all your signups and preferences, the match history, season information, legacy teams (from season 1) etc. It may all be gone, as I cannot access the databases anymore.

I have a mirror of the site on my local hardrive, of course, but the specific information from you guys is in the balance. I have very specifically asked them if I could just get a dump from the databases, I could reconstruct all the info on another site.

Wish me luck, and needless to say, I won't be working with this host again. All future 5v5 info will be here on the Cygnus forums until further notice.
01-08-2013 10:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Green Eagle

RE: Mixer Tournament Reference Board
Olde and I have been in this mess before, believe me. It always sucks. The original creators of Cygnus had us on the verge of disbanding at a point. It all seems to work out in the end though. Big Grin

Minor hiccup
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 12:08 AM by Green Eagle.)
01-09-2013 12:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spinebuster

Taka, I have a tournament all setup at the OSL with all the teams signed up and ready for the matches to be generated. I should have all the tools you need to run a successful tournament, all that is missing is you. The decision is yours but alot of us feel this is the best direction to go if you want the tournament to grow. All you have to do is run your tournament and i can continue to maintain the website.

http://onlinesportsleague.net/rivals.php...ament_id=3

Online Sports League
01-09-2013 09:23 PM
Takavoncracka

Well, spectacular news. I was digging through my HTML folders and it would appear that I made a backup of the tournament signup table. Now, this only backed up usernames and passwords and desired positions for play, including some stat tracking. I'm actually quite happy about this, lol. I am going to regenerate the table on my new site, who knows how much play it'll get. I'll update you guys...maybe I'm just excited 'cause I thought it was lost forever Smile
01-29-2013 02:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OSL Mixer Tournament Signups Spinebuster 0 2,571 05-24-2013 04:49 PM
Last Post: Spinebuster
  Tribes: Ascend 5v5 Mixer Tournament :: Season Three Takavoncracka 61 65,936 04-20-2013 11:04 AM
Last Post: Gorthaur
  Tribes: Ascend 5v5 Mixer Tournament :: Season Two Takavoncracka 2 5,715 01-07-2013 11:06 PM
Last Post: Takavoncracka