Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
5v5 League Commencement
Takavoncracka

5v5 League Commencement
Guys, get into the mixer tonight for the picking of our 5v5 teams! Need everyone to come out for this so we can get our inaugural season running!

If you haven't signed up:

http://legionofchaos.comxa.com/tournamen...?pageNum=2

Go to Registration on the left and sign up!
12-01-2012 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NetRat

RE: 5v5 League Commencement
(12-01-2012 08:21 PM)Takavoncracka Wrote:  Guys, get into the mixer tonight for the picking of our 5v5 teams! Need everyone to come out for this so we can get our inaugural season running!

If you haven't signed up:

http://legionofchaos.comxa.com/tournamen...?pageNum=2

Go to Registration on the left and sign up!

Sorry, I wasn't able to attend tonight due to Canadian Will's b-day dinner. Hopefully there is still a way I can participate even though I wasn't able to attend.
12-02-2012 01:54 AM
Takavoncracka

Well, we ran into a lot of complications. First and foremost (and probably the most crippling) OldWolfe wasn't there, so we had a lot of issues getting the server and map rotation correct. Also, we had a few "rare attendees" pop in (aka, they had no idea we were starting a tournament) and they were rather upset that we weren't having a regular mixer night.

We also had one guy refuse to play because Team Damage was turned on.

All in all, we eventually gave up (but we do have our first 2 teams formed and had 4 people for the next one) and had a regular mixer. I'm opening up this thread for discussion in light of last night's activities.

Two suggestions came up:

1) Do the 5v5 Tourney on a different night from the regular mixer
2) Rent a server specifically for the tournament so we don't have to use cross settings.

Discuss.
12-02-2012 02:41 PM
Tasadar1

I would vote for a seperate server, and would be willing to host it, while the tournament is in session, if needed.
12-02-2012 03:47 PM
OldeWolfe

Easy solution would be to simply set up the CYGNUS server with the tournament settings and leave it that way. I'm subject to the wishes of the group, whatever you guys want is fine with me.

I hope someone put me in on one of the teams Blush , I want and plan to play in the tournament.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
12-03-2012 12:12 PM
Tasadar1

A seperate server would leave the option for a pickup game for the players not scheduled for that nights match. That was one of the problems from Saturday night. Or we could schedule two matchs at the same time if enough people show up for the matches.

That should probably be sign up for the matches. There needs to be a cut off time for joining the cue.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 05:23 PM by Tasadar1.)
12-03-2012 05:20 PM
Green Eagle

Sounds like having a second server - One for Tourney and a regular server (the one now). I like the idea that there can be two matches going at once, but what are the costs on having just an extra gaming server?

I imagine that there are 4 teams, 2 playing on each server, neither one knows the outcome of the other until their match is over, kinda like a real world setting for other sports. It would also keep a fairer playing ground as to the ones whom get to play first match at an earlier time versus the ones that have to play the later matches, whereas they may loose peeps waiting for the first match to end.

Would a donation page help with the costs (directed towards the person paying for the server)? I don't know the costs for a server, but I really like the idea, especially since it looks like a great time/fun and good turn outs. I would gladly donate to the cause.

Not this Saturday, but next the 15th, I will be on most likely. Finals are over on the 13th for me. Plus been trying to put together a little side business as of late. Still in development.
12-03-2012 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

Another aspect of the subject...I still maintain a T2 server for CYGNUS, and have been considering terminating it for some time now due to lack of interest. A few players join it from time to time but it isn't getting that much traffic...if any of you still play it please let me know...otherwise I would consider eliminating the T2 server and using those "saved" funds to pick up another T:A server for CYGNUS to use for the 5x5 tournament.

Another thought, I will venture a pm to HiRezAPC to see if there is any way they can provide multiple player controls (i.e. Custom Server Owners) to a custom server. If this is possible, it would provide a solution for those times when the custom server owner is not available.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 02:28 AM by OldeWolfe.)
12-04-2012 02:09 AM
OldeWolfe

Got a response from HiRezAPC, here is our exchange, my question first and his reply follows:
Quote:Message subject: Custom Server
Sent at: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:27 am
To: HiRezAPC
Reply with quote Delete message
Is it possible for HiRez to grant/set up ownership of a custom server to more than one person?

We (CYGNUS) are running a regular, weekly pickup/mixer (you visited us on Teamspeak a few weeks ago) and the owner of the server isn't always available. Obviously a problem will arise, and has, if changes become necessary during the pickup that the limited options of a server admin cannot manage. If we had three designated owners of the custom server this problem would be easily handled, i.e. there would be a custom server owner available almost all the time, but most assuredly available at all the pickups.

There would be only one person purchasing the custom server, but three designated custom server owners who have full owner options.

Is this possible?

HiRezAPC's reply:
Quote:Message subject: Re: Custom Server
Sent at: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 am
To: OldeWolfe
Reply with quote Delete message
It isn't possible for more than 1 person to be the "owner" lets say - such as changing settings like what the capout is, how much time each round, flag drag amounts, etc.

He can share an admin password however, that will allow you to change maps, switch maps, switch gametypes and things like that.

viewtopic.php?f=234&t=69215

That link will tell you basically what you can and can't do.
His answer seems to be a "standard reply" and I plan to press him on it a little bit...will keep you informed.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

12-04-2012 12:30 PM
Spinebuster

I have a server available that i started up late saturday night. Its available for the tournament if its needed.

Online Sports League
12-04-2012 03:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [OFFICIAL] League Rules Takavoncracka 8 13,246 02-10-2014 06:44 PM
Last Post: OldeWolfe