Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
T:A Server Settings Discussions
Spinebuster

RE: T:A Server Settings Discussions
The only thing i fear is if we raise it too high then its just going to mean more flag standoffs. People may stop chasing and just go for the egrab and create a standoff. 275 could still be a safe number though.

Online Sports League
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 06:29 PM by Spinebuster.)
06-30-2013 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

NetRat, Tasadar1, Duster and I tested that setting on the CYGNUS server this afternoon, and it seemed to be okay...didn't have any impact chasers though, and that would be the only way to tell for sure.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
06-30-2013 07:41 PM
MuMuTheCow

(06-30-2013 06:29 PM)Spinebuster Wrote:  The only thing i fear is if we raise it too high then its just going to mean more flag standoffs. People may stop chasing and just go for the egrab and create a standoff. 275 could still be a safe number though.

Even if your prediction is true, what's wrong with e-grabs and standoffs?
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 08:48 PM by MuMuTheCow.)
06-30-2013 08:47 PM
Spinebuster

No one chasing.

Online Sports League
06-30-2013 10:09 PM
MuMuTheCow

Of course people will keep chasing.... It's ctf. That's how we get the flag back. I don't get what you mean.

Is it just a fundamental difference in opinions/preference here? I think jagged made some very valid points, and I just want to understand why you prefer the the lower flag drag top-speeds. Maybe I'm just missing something from not being able to make the last several mixers.
06-30-2013 11:48 PM
Donk-

As a chaser, I would like to see the flag drag set to 275 at a minimum. Also agree about using 10 vs 50 for the decrease. Cappers work hard for their routes and we have plenty of good chasers that will cope with the change. On larger maps it makes it even easier to chase the capper with more ground to gain. If I feel like I can't catch up on the smaller maps, I just switch to lightweight.
06-30-2013 11:51 PM
Spinebuster

One reason it seems is that i have never seen the numbers for chasing. I have also thought about potentially banning one of the chasing perks if it threw things out of balance but im not against changing flag drag either. Whichever acheives the proper chasing vs capping balance. I am just afraid of getting to a point to where we have too many uncatchable cappers. Some of them are hard enough to catch as it is. I am not referring to me chasing in heavy either...lol.

We can test whatever settings everyone likes, i just want to make sure we keep it well balanced.

Online Sports League
07-01-2013 09:41 AM
OldeWolfe

I think we are all on the same page...the main objective is to have fun, and I think many of us equate this to our memory of playing T2. The process of having/achieving fun with T:A in our Mixer has been a "tinkering" experiment and as statements in discussion threads make clear on both the OSL and CYGNUS board it is, and will continue to be an on-going process. We discuss, we make changes, we test, nothing is final; suggestions are always welcome and most are discussed thoroughly and implemented hence the Sentinel class is banned, friendly fire enabled, vehicles limited and their costs increased, etc.

I've increased the drag limit to 275Km/h with deceleration rate set to 10Km/h on the CYGNUS server to see how it feels to everyone.

Please play the server and comment here on how it feels to you.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
07-01-2013 11:10 AM
Spinebuster

Im thinking of trying 300/50 on the OSL server, maybe get some play testing in before next weekends mixer.

Online Sports League
07-01-2013 11:17 AM
OldeWolfe

I'm beginning to think it is not so much the drag as it is the deceleration rate. It may be too quick at 50...return routes do not work as they do on the training roam maps and pub servers where there is no drag/deceleration...will be interesting to see the results.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

07-01-2013 11:27 AM