Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3d Printing and Computer Build
Green Eagle

RE: 3d Printing and Computer Build
Did the Tower transplant tonight. Took about 3 hours, I had to stop and clean a lot of parts. Up and running though. My CPU is running about 10F hotter than before, I hope I used enough thermal paste (about a pea drop).

Still waiting in on the shipment, meantime, tomorrow's assignment, detail clean the old case Smile

11-27-2018 10:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

Gee, that is exactly what I should do...transfer the components of this machine to a different case that I have running WinXP right now. Thought about it before, but I just didn't want to do it, so much extra work and I'm not sure this OS and system board will make the trip so to speak. The inside of your case is so much cleaner looking than mine, I seem to have power cables running in all directions and getting in the way of each other no matter how I tie them up. Congrats on the transfer, I bet you are chomping at the bit to get the new parts installed and back online.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
11-28-2018 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Green Eagle

Got the parts on Tuesday - built it on Tuesday. Here it is Thursday, took about 2 days to get things the way I want them. I must say, love it. My other PC was still fast, but a difference can be told/seen with this one.

I didn't clean up the cable management as of yet, still just want it running and here are some pics of a sorry-a$$ build Smile

Keep in mind also that this is a semi-modular PSU, which makes it worse on my end for cable management.

I did get my 3d printer today - went ahead and bought --> Ender 3 Pro

2 hours of putting it together, but haven't fired it up yet.

Anyway, Christmas came a little early. Loving the PC, I have my old one next to me and I compared some stats and one of the out of the blue stats was, the new one only consumes about 1/2 of the wattage as my AMD one. Not sure what that is about, but since I run my PC alot, it is sure to save on electricity. I haven't benchmarked it yet. Just going off the wattage thing it is plugged into to.

Anyway, hopefully, I will be 3d printing soon and will share some insights.
12-07-2018 12:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

IMpressive my friend! I am sooOoooo envious, but happy for you. Thanks for the picures (I see you have your own shipping inspector). I have decided to postpone my build for a while in order to save some funds for it, but will probably update my OS from Win7 to Win10 soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
12-07-2018 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New PTS build JaggedMarble 3 6,030 03-09-2013 04:29 PM
Last Post: Spinebuster