Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3d Printing and Computer Build
Green Eagle

RE: 3d Printing and Computer Build
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3334222

Ha, glad you caught something to watch. Posted my first design on Thingiverse tonight and that is what you were watching Smile Just a multi-tool holder for things you need on the fly to work and adjust the machine. Was waiting for it to finish so I can take pics of the install to the machine.

Something simple, but made it with Fusion 360 and wow, that program is awesome. I was doing everything in FreeCad, but this program, just wow.

Edit: weird glitch - the pic below is upside down, but if you click on it - it goes the right way ... hmmm.

Edit2: Favor - if you can, next time you catch a print going, would you screenshot it and post it. Curious as to what you see.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019 10:25 PM by Green Eagle.)
01-04-2019 10:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

This is interesting stuff, thanks for sharing, and yes, will take a screen shot when I catch it again. Question: did you draw up the tool holder before hand? It must have required some head scratching engineering re: the size of the slots for each tool, etc...

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
01-05-2019 04:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Green Eagle

Did a quick sketch by hand and used calipers to measure everything in metric. Then with the sketch, just dimension-ed it out in Fusion 360.

Like I said, that program is freaking awesome Smile
01-05-2019 06:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Green Eagle

I need to transfer this pic with an address - this is the quickest way, pay no mind to it - I need it for another forum on YouTube. This was just quick and easy. It is about Stringing on 3d Printers

You can see my reply to a video on YouTube here -->

https://youtu.be/_QRb54zVPfQ
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019 12:32 AM by Green Eagle.)
01-05-2019 11:48 PM
OldeWolfe

I just took this and I think you may have been setting up or adjusting your next project because I saw a hand (probably yours) move across the screen. If I'd hit prtscrn one second sooner it would have been in the shot. I can't get the insert image option to work for me, here is the link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151337971@...ateposted/

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019 06:40 PM by OldeWolfe.)
01-06-2019 06:31 PM
Green Eagle

Says I need an account to view the image on Flickr. but yea, was either finishing up or adjusting. Seems like I have to start a print a few times to get it working right. Some problems that may occur are like material not sticking to the bed or the printer head catches a piece of the already printed part and drags it off.

Also, with about 150 hours under my belt of printing - you have to level the bed here and again and sometimes that (takes me) at least about 30 minutes, because I will level it and run a test leveler code/print then do it again and sometimes a 3rd time. Just me though.

Not sure why the image thing isn't working. I actually use the Add attachment and then Insert into post method. Always have for some reason.

Right now just been designing and printing up some new Gas grill knobs for work, will take a picture once done. It has been a pain - design and print -> take to work -> see what is right/wrong -> go home -> redesign -> rinse and repeat. Seems like I got the formula down tonight. Hopefully, tonight's print work out. There are 5 knobs, so I am printing up knobs that spell out Metro in our universities color (blue) (Butler University).

Ran into some hiccups using that awesome program Fusion 360 - still learning Smile. Plus, you have to figure when you say 5mm in the Cad program, because of physical/mechanical whatnots, it doesn't always translate to 5mm on a printed part, so you have to make small tweaks and adjustments.
01-06-2019 10:37 PM
OldeWolfe

"add attachment" part? Wow! Until you mentioned it, I hadn't even noticed that option. Will try to add the picture now. (I need to be more observant. Big Grin)

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

01-07-2019 03:49 AM
Green Eagle

That is awesome, great you can view when printing. All of this is ran by a raspberry pi that has the Operating system of Octopi. I think that is cool as hell. Anyway, thanks for the pic, that is just neat. Smile Glad to see results that extend beyond my little world Smile

Just created (tonight) 5.5 hour print, but I got the dimensions wrong, will be able to use it for something else - probably Wink

Suppose to be a wall mount for my latex gloves. I made the measurements, however, when I gave it thickness - the thickness went inwards instead of outwards, so it is to small to fit a box of standard gloves in - still learning - love it. Smile

Edit:
On the machine, after watching the video - I can tell where I sped up the process to make the print time faster and where I slowed it down, just interesting. Even though using a 'course' print nozzle - speed does make a difference.
*right after the name printed
* right before the drill holes
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019 12:24 AM by Green Eagle.)
01-08-2019 12:12 AM
OldeWolfe

Remarkable...just remarkable! One thing I overlooked mentioning is that the feed picture is constantly moving when you are printing/making something. In other words, it is not stationary...taking one picture, then one after another afterwards, it is a moving picture. Neat.

I trust this machine will become something more than a novelty for you to use, hopefully it will become a money maker, seems like it could be. Do you have any such plan?

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

01-08-2019 12:25 AM
Green Eagle

nah, no plans. This is just a hobby, people do make money with them though. The people with youTube accounts have gained a lot of popularity and people will pay them to print things and ship to them. I have a low end machine, though nice, the ones that are really good machines are to much money for a hobby. And yep, that feed should be a live stream.
01-08-2019 05:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New PTS build JaggedMarble 3 6,662 03-09-2013 04:29 PM
Last Post: Spinebuster