Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3d Printing and Computer Build
Green Eagle

RE: 3d Printing and Computer Build
I know what you mean, still a young-en (43) - I remember playing Pitfall at my Aunts house on visits for hours on the Atari and thought it was the greatest thing ever. I talked to my mom this evening and tried to explain what a 3d printer was, that did not go over well Smile . Her final remarks - "if it makes you happy" Smile.

Starting to figure this FreeCad program out, where you can make your own stuff. I didn't make the Raspberry Pi wall mount on the up and up, I found a tutorial on how to cheat a little on making simple things.

It took me hours on end to make a box with a lid a week ago, I made this in about 30 minutes. Mounting the Pi on the side of the dresser next to the Printer.

It has been fun and interesting, I have over 80 hours worth of printing under my belt and finally starting to see how it really works. I still haven't gone through my first spool of PLA material yet (getting close though). I have already had prints fail and have had to start over, sucks.

Anyway, PMing you a link.

Edit: ****
Got it printed and installed

I should have used smaller screws or pre-drilled a hole in it, it cracked with the drywall screw I used - still suits the need.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 11:27 PM by Green Eagle.)
12-19-2018 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

Each time you share pic's and info with us I find myself watching and reading with my mouth wide open! All I can think to say is...
WOW!

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018 01:13 PM by OldeWolfe.)
12-20-2018 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Green Eagle

Hey Olde,
I am going to try my first Lithograph print tomorrow. I set up a lot of stuff tonight, finishing a current print and changing out the filament in the morning to the color white.

I even bought the software he is using to see if it works. I have a 2 weeks to return, just in case.

So far, it says it will be a 12+ hour print, so the live view should be on at some point, once it is started.

This is the image I am going to try and print. I hope it works, this will make some nice gifts for my family. If you end up on the link I sent you and you don't see a print happening, looks like I may have pulled the plug and stopped it for some unforeseen reason. Will try it again probably my next day off, which is xmas.
12-20-2018 11:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

Well, I took a look at the link and there is a picture of your machine but no movement, I'm guessing it is not currently printing. Will check back periodically.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
12-21-2018 01:29 PM
Green Eagle

I went with a way smaller version to make sure it worked. Got busy doing other things, but it turned out great imo. Really hard to take a picture that will do it justice since you have to have light behind it to see it. The last pic is me holding it close to a light bulb.

Started printing up a xmas present for Mom (pic of her and late husband (step-dad)). Hopefully, it turns out good, only doing a 4 x 6 version.

This thing is solid too. I guess a comparison would be it is as stiff as the plastic on a tub of butter. You can bend it and break it, but still feels solid if you know what I mean.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018 07:09 PM by Green Eagle.)
12-21-2018 07:08 PM
OldeWolfe

Shy 'Tiz worthy of another ... WOW! Smile (I looked at the link...nothing for the camera to show.)

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018 01:17 PM by OldeWolfe.)
12-22-2018 01:15 PM
Green Eagle

Did a re-test to see if the print would be the same and put a light behind it, looks the same, not sure why my other print isn't doing as well.

Time to research Smile
12-23-2018 11:04 PM
OldeWolfe

Your youtube gave me a better feel for how it looks when it is "printing", thanks for sharing. This deserves another big WOW! Big Grin

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

12-24-2018 01:09 PM
Green Eagle

3d printed some mounting brackets to show video from top down on the Z axis instead of straight above. Much more satisfying than from the front. Smile

Will Post some vids, once I find one worthy of a different angle Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018 11:43 PM by Green Eagle.)
12-30-2018 11:42 PM
OldeWolfe

Friday evening and I thought I'd try and catch the camera feed...FEEDING! Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Smile I wonder what you're creating...

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019 08:18 PM by OldeWolfe.)
01-04-2019 08:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Older Computer = Turn into a VPN Green Eagle 4 729 07-12-2019 02:14 AM
Last Post: Green Eagle
  New PTS build JaggedMarble 3 7,431 03-09-2013 04:29 PM
Last Post: Spinebuster