Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LawBreakers And Other Games You Play
Green Eagle

LawBreakers And Other Games You Play
I won a lottery on a free game that I assume will be a pay to win setup.

Anyone hear of LawBreakers

It isn't playable now, but seems to be a bit of a rip off of T2, call of duty and TV, not sure. I only downloaded because it said I won the lottery for it, but turns out, my vid card won't handle it, so I think it is a partnership with a game designer to get me to up my graphics card. I dunno.

I have it and probably won't play - just throwing it out there.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 10:34 PM by Green Eagle.)
08-03-2016 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

RE: LawBreakers
I am not aware of it but I'm sure some of the others at the Mixer will be, I'll mention it to them and let you know. Cool

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
08-04-2016 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorthaur

It's an arena shooter with character classes that have different weapons, special abilities and movement styles. There are pockets of low gravity sections in levels that help add verticality and make the movement abilities more useful. It's from the designer of Unreal, Unreal Tournament & Gears of War and it's just a natural progression of the genre, not a rip off of anything in particular. Most shooters these days are focusing on freedom of movement which is great but I prefer loadouts to class systems.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 05:30 PM by Gorthaur.)
08-04-2016 05:27 PM
Green Eagle

Yeppers, probably misspoke about being a rip-off, probably should have said somewhat similar. So I take it you only get the weapons a class comes with, that suxxors.

Unfortunately, I have already downloaded it onto steam and tried to run it. Is there a way to gift the Key to someone else, whom may want to try it. it will probably be free to play anyway.

I did try it one more time after an update to my vcard - it ran. I am not sure why it wouldn't load, but obviously I hadn't updated in a while ... seems to be my trend Wink

I have about 30 steam games and I have only seen maybe 5 to the end - I just can't seem to find the time/want to play them, oh - well. Damn Steam sales Smile

...edit... damn steam sales
I just bought Fallout 3 and The evil within for about $25 - played Fallout for about 30m - hmmph - seems like something I would like.

If anyone has played - do the choices you make, really make a difference?
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 11:21 PM by Green Eagle.)
08-04-2016 07:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorthaur

I don't know if you can gift the key after using it. I doubt it. I am the same way about playing games. As I get older I get more picky about what I like. I think most people are like that. It gets harder and harder to find things I enjoy, be it games, music, movies, anything LOL. I think when you find things that are really good it takes the enjoyment out of other things that you used to like because you get more demanding.

Games I found recently that I actually loved and finished were Age of Empires: The African Kingdoms, Hyper Light Drifter (very similar to Link to the Past but more demanding skill-wise) and Doom. Also been playing custom maps and mods for the original Quake and Doom whenever I find good ones. They are still coming out and are of excellent quality, far better than the original, excellent levels.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 10:08 AM by Gorthaur.)
08-05-2016 10:07 AM
Green Eagle

Doom is onsale right now on Steam - I loved it back in the 90's. Same with Descent (later 90's). Those were my favorites before I ever got a PS2. The Final Fantasy series, I loved also right before XIII.

Doom is 50% off, should I get it, even though I probably would only play about an hour Smile. Suggest after the next sentence.

I will buy the new Tomb Raider when it goes on sale and play it all the way through, loved the last one and I love the Spider man series. Even though Spidey is redundant, I just like swinging. Smile

The only other games I have followed through with is the Batman series. I like solo campaigns now, almost exclusively. I have the Mass Effect thing loaded and ready to play, just haven't dived into it yet.

Sucks you can't re-gift an item. I can see why though from their stand point.

Thanks for reply.
08-05-2016 09:12 PM
OldeWolfe

I found it very interesting reading you guy's exchange about what you're playing, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed Descent and the sequels when they were released, started me playing games in solo mode, and I now play Star Wars The Old Republic in solo mode quite often. I tried to play The Elder Scrolls a while back but just couldn't get into it. I'm looking forward to playing MidAir.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
08-06-2016 11:33 AM
Gorthaur

The new doom is pretty old fashioned for a single player game so I had no problem completing it. There were no lengthy cut scenes, set pieces, quick time events or any other of that nonsense that big AAA single player games are filled with these days. It's mostly fighting large groups of enemies in arena-style levels. Near the end I got a bit bored and I didn't really care for the boss fights that much. The game is beautiful, the level design, enemies and weapons are great.
08-06-2016 04:29 PM
Green Eagle

RE: LawBreakers And Other Games You Play
I rationally thought about it and decided not to get Doom. I have put about 2 more hours into Fall Out 3. Seems pretty good, just getting the hang of it. I did put about 100+ hours into Skyrim and this seems similar. I never found an 'end' to Skyrim, but I walked away from it for about 3 weeks and never picked it back up.
The Evil Within : takes me back to Silent Hill at the moment. I never finished SH - Horror is fine, my heart rate though Smile. Dying Light is one I would recommend, however - I only played outside after dark a few times. Intense for me.
08-06-2016 10:41 PM
Green Eagle

RE: LawBreakers And Other Games You Play
(08-05-2016 10:07 AM)Gorthaur Wrote:  I don't know if you can gift the key after using it. I doubt it. I am the same way about playing games.

Hmm, so turns out you can share your games with "Family". I consider you all my family.

So there is a way to share games it appears Smile

Just let me know if you wanna try it out, it may be a good way to demo some games before you buy ... dunno.
08-08-2016 08:39 PM