Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Troubles with the site
Green Eagle

Troubles with the site
Calling all arms <- I think that is how the quote goes. Anyway, the more information the better.

I haven't really 'admin' a site in years. Times have changed and I haven't kept up with the techno. This site will be alive as long as I am, however, with the problems we are experiencing I need some info.

One of the things I keep getting is this

From time to time I get this SQL message in my inbox

If you all can give me some other examples, we might be able to narrow down the problem.

Thanks
GE
02-20-2016 04:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorthaur

RE: Troubles with the site
I get that error. I also get the site loading like so:

[Image: site.jpg]
02-20-2016 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tasadar1

When clicking on a member to PM I get that error, sometimes when clicking on the forum to go back to another topic same thing.

Sometimes it is just the site error message. It is not consistently the same error message associated with an action.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 01:45 PM by Tasadar1.)
02-20-2016 01:43 PM
OldeWolfe

Yah GE, those are the same ones I receive also, and under same conditions as described by Tasadar1.

Thanks for all the work you do to maintain this site, and if there is something you think I can do please feel free to ask.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
02-20-2016 03:23 PM
Gorthaur

The site has been better lately, thank you Green!
02-21-2016 05:27 PM
Green Eagle

I don't think I did to much, just some DB repairs and with the advice of Olde - banned all of those red names and switched Registration to Admin Activation only.
As Olde suggested, it could have been a glitch with my service provider Godaddy, not sure, but not going to tamper with the site anymore in fear of breaking it Smile
Great to see you guys still using the site, best wishes and happy gaming.
02-21-2016 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tasadar1

Thanks Green Eagle for your support of the clan and keeping the forum available and working. You da man!
02-22-2016 10:36 AM
OldeWolfe

Green Eagle, the site is working perfectly, thanks for all you do to keep it up and running, we would be lost without it. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Heart

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
02-22-2016 03:37 PM
Green Eagle

Well,looks like the site is back doing the bad things it was. Looking into .... Sad

I think I am just going to re-build the board this Sunday or Monday. Start over. I emailed Olde for his opinion but we will lose some if not everything. I will keep this site up as a legacy site so that it will be available to view when it is running correctly.

I will do my best to import all users so you won't have to re-register to the new one. The url will slightly change, but I will make sure you get re-directed to the new board even if you visit this one. We have had this site for about 8,9 years now I think. 2007 is when Override and Shorin started Cygnus I think. When they left, Olde and myself kind of just took the reigns.

This will be the 3rd time we have had to start over because of my poor site maintenance record, but like I said - it will be here as long as I am. I think our last hiccup was about 3 years ago when we had to start over.

Sorry just rambling - I hate that we have to start over again, but it is just to annoying to never know if the site will come up.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2016 02:28 AM by Green Eagle.)
02-25-2016 02:05 AM
demontoe

Hi GreenEagle, good to hear from you again. Hopefully you can find out what is causing the trouble. I wish I could help but I'm pretty sure you know more than I do. If you do end up rebuilding I hope you have the best of luck %%- You rocketh -g-
02-25-2016 06:56 AM