Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
Cheech

Hello
Some familiar names in here. You guys would laugh at my skill level in T:A... it's almost as bad as I was in T2. Gorthaur! I can't believe I found you still in the world of tribes! Oldewolfe, great to see your name again as well.. when do you guys play? I'd love to catch up with you guys. There's nothing left of the v2 community as far as a Google search goes. Only person I found was Lassiz who apparently is a pro gamer now lol (7 mil views on twitch). Anyway, happy to see Cygnus still going strong, so strange I miss a part of me that was 100% online community. Those were the days!
02-03-2016 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

RE: Hello
Heyo Cheech...we play most anytime but most of us play scheduled Saturday night Mixer/Pickup games/maps as per the above marquis indicates. Please feel free to join us. Teamspeak3 is a must, information is on the board somewhere.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
02-03-2016 01:38 PM
Tasadar1

Welcome to the forum Cheech.
02-03-2016 09:43 PM
Cheech

Thank you both, look forward to joining the community. Wheres Gorthaur!? I still have a hilarious recording of you speaking some fantasy tale about jumping off a cliff into the sea and waking aboard pirates headed for Barbados. Then one of the guys in teamspeak, came in talking over you saying "WHAT!?". I cant remember who it was, but his mic was always so abrasively loud. [-ToP-], some of the most fun I've had in T2. Anyway, hope to see you guys in game!
02-04-2016 03:31 AM
Tasadar1

I talked to Gorth in a game yesterday. He said he remembers you and will get on the forum soon. He has a new baby and is a little busy.

Here is the ip for the teamspeak server VOICE-TX4.BRANZONE.COM:10016. Gorth gets on when he plays TA. There is a thread under the main forum for Mixer info. You should check it out if you want to play on Saturday night. 9 eastern time is when we usually start. You have to be on teamspeak to get the server password once the mixer starts. We usually play on CygnusCTF server or Cygnus2CTF.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 03:57 PM by Tasadar1.)
02-04-2016 03:51 PM
Gorthaur

Ahahaha hey man! I would to have that recording! All I have is one where this one guy is doing an impression of Mandark from Dexter's lab because I thought he sounded just like him. And then Ethereal is doing some Borat impression. Best time to catch us is after work on weekdays especially Monday night around 8 central, and then Saturday morning arund 9:30 central and saturday night at 8 central.

Duster also just popped by teamspeak btw Tasadar and Oldewolfe! He says hi.

Hey Cheech here's an old video I made in one of our matches you were in. It starts out really slow showing every player on the team getting ready but then picks up a bit hehe. https://vimeo.com/3203573
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 08:44 PM by Gorthaur.)
02-04-2016 08:32 PM
Cheech

Wow man I couldn't help but cheese that whole video. That was against that peanuts/sibko combination and they blamed their loss on some BS lol. We had that map down. And drifts. Ahhh loved drifts. I have the recording on my old laptop, just gotta dig it out. DOOG was who I was talking about in my first post in the recording hahaha. I will try and catch you on Monday nights as that lines up with my schedule. I saw you have a newborn, congrats! I just welcomed my first child, a boy, this past August. He's quite the handful. I got the TeamSpeak info, I'll be popping in at those times you listed to see if you guys are around. Do you have any other t2 videos? I lost the 2-3 movies I made Sad. Also, do you still talk to anyone else? Shank, Gabe? I got El Kapitan on my Facebook lol but that's about it.
02-05-2016 04:25 AM
Gorthaur

Shank and gabe and hairytikiman still play games but not tribes. I haven't talked to them in a while.
02-06-2016 11:31 PM
doog

I sneezed three weeks ago, I guess you were talking about me and it procced me to check the forum today, heh.

Ey guys, Glad everyones still around and hopefully healthy

gotta shake off some rust and show on a saturday one of these days.
02-26-2016 11:56 AM
Gorthaur

Hell yeah! Drop by any time. You need to warm up that shocklance again. I remember you zapping lots of heavies on Drifts back in the old days.
02-27-2016 11:58 PM