Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More Work
Gorthaur

More Work

Remade the vehicle bay from Harvester and a hallway. Figured out how to texture it also. Threw a bunch of random little structures on top of the hill in one of the pictures.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 09:14 PM by Gorthaur.)
08-16-2014 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

RE: More Work
Geeesh Gorthaur, that reflects a lot of time and effort...you clearly have an interest in this and perhaps even a passion. Too bad we still don't have the CYGNUS T2 server online anymore to implement and test your work. Sad

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
08-17-2014 01:30 PM
NetRat

Gor, do you need a T2 server up and running? I am work on getting one up - just let me know.
08-18-2014 08:51 AM
Gorthaur

The work I'm doing is not for Tribes 2. I'm using that game as an inspiration and starting point and it's helping me learn how to make my own stuff. I am interested in tribes 2 though for when Ascend dies. It would be cool if we could make a mod to our specifications and get a server going definitely. I have no experience doing Tribes 2 mods but I think Spinebuster messed around with v2 a bunch. I know how to work on maps though.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2014 12:06 PM by Gorthaur.)
08-18-2014 12:06 PM
demontoe

Nice work for sure. I'm sure I told you guys I tried making maps in t2 but I never was able to finish anything .... kept getting distracted by t2. It takes some estamina the likes of which I didn't have. I did manage to co-author one with Orgetorix though but it was just a modification to Circle of Stones. I came up with the idea of adding a second vpad. We put in a 2nd turret to defend the other pad but other than that it was still Circle. Maybe if we get a t2 server going at some point we could collaborate on a new map!
08-18-2014 01:38 PM
OldeWolfe

If/when T:A dies and if there is enough interest I will host a T2 server. We had one for years and Spinebuster added his mods to it...we could change it between them all including Base, Classic, V2 and V3, and it was pretty neat to be able to play whichever mod we were in the mood for.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
08-19-2014 11:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Latest Work Gorthaur 3 6,098 05-07-2014 10:32 AM
Last Post: demontoe
  Posted this at work in the Kitchen Green Eagle 4 7,119 07-09-2013 08:25 PM
Last Post: Green Eagle