Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evolve
_Erf_

Evolve
My old roommate showed me this game. For those of you who like the 4 player cooperative style game, You will probably like this.

Its 4 player class based hunters who are working together to track and kill a huge monster "Goliath". But the Goliath is also player controlled.

So for those of you who have played L4D, its kinda similar to the survivors fighting the tank, but with much more depth. Each player has specific abilities which benefit the team as a whole, so the loss / incapacitation of one can change the dynamics severely. They are trying to track down the goliath to kill him as quickly as possible. At the beginning, the Goliath is trying to avoid the hunters, killing and and eating animals to build up stength and armor. Then once he gets stronger, he moves to actively engage the hunters.

It also looks like the levels will be very dynamic with smaller NPC animals / carnivorous plants that can attack the hunters.

Ill keep watching it but I imagine my old roommate and I will likely get it shortly after it comes out. Would be great if we could get at least a group of 5 to play.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yqoKmQZHs

Gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_WvkLuITqk

Let me know if anyone is interested
05-30-2014 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FlyingShazbot

RE: Evolve
Looks like it could be a lot of fun to play. That motion blur looks like ass though, just like every other game that uses it. I hate motion blur with a passion.
05-30-2014 06:56 PM
demontoe

Looks pretty wicked. I'd definitely like to try that out. Cool ttys -g-
08-03-2014 09:04 AM
NetRat

Read about this game a while back and LOVED the idea of the boss character being player controlled - takes away all the AI exploiting that we naturally do when playing vs the computer. Anyone started playing this game yet?
08-11-2014 10:13 AM
JaggedMarble

It got pushed back to 2015 last I heard.
08-11-2014 05:03 PM