Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
The comeback trail
demontoe

Thumbs Up The comeback trail
Hi guys just letting you all know I will hopefully be playing more tribes in the near future! I have sucessfully stopped playing the browser game I was addicted to for over six months. It's called tribalwars a realtime online strategy or rts as they call em. Please don't ever play this game if you hope to avoid death by browser. I started playing dark souls instead to make more use of my computer's ability and check out a modern dnd style game. I have decided not to add any new games though to my list so I'll have more time to get better at the ones I already play. Hope 2cu on ascend.
05-07-2014 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

RE: The comeback trail
Good to hear...it's been one of my experiences too (playing too many different games spreads one kinda thin in skill development).

Hope to see you soon.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
05-07-2014 10:59 AM
demontoe

Yeah I notice I can improve fast in a game if I focus on just that game but I've become addicted to so many games since I started computer gaming back in 2001 that it's a lot harder to play just one now. Before I played computer games I was a fairly serious chess junkie and I still go online for some blitz now and then. In an effort to up my ascend game a bit tho I am planning on learning some cap routes on Crossfire, Drydock, Katabatic, and Ark Novena. I'm going to learn 2 routes for each map a left to right and a right to left so I'm not totally predictable. See ya soon.
05-10-2014 09:46 AM
XMENIcemanDTM

Make sure you friend me, IcemanDTM. Glad to have you back!
05-16-2014 07:46 PM
demontoe

Hi all this is gardok btw my forum handle is my old t2 handle. I've been watching a lot of routes online and have gotten a little better but still need to practice in training mode more before I have anything viable. I'm a little better at using the nades now tho and have started using the explosives a bit more. The explosives seems better for getting high speeds but you have to know your timings to make sure you heal in time. The explosives nade has the added bonus of being able to boost you back to base fast w/o dropping the flag. The impacts are good tho if you want to cap w/o knowing much for routes to get a quick boost before the grab. Anyway ttys peace -g-
06-11-2014 10:59 AM