Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Community revitalization
hairytikiman

Community revitalization
Hey guys. So yesterday 12/10/2013 we discovered an online server that was carrying some sort of mixer settings.

There was a steady 7v7 - 10v10 game going for over 4 hours.

I think that with come cooperation we can stand up a mixer pub server. I think we should brainstorm this. We have one of the largest core player groups left in TA. I suppose thats the benefit of not clanning up figuratively speaking.

Games where llamas and snipers don't run rampart is very attractive to me. We just need to think through the perfect settings and name for a server. Since there's no way for level 2 admins to change the password on servers I think the best way to do this is keep cyngus as our comp server and have a pub one as well.

I can cover the $$$ and stand up a community account so we can all share level 3 access.

[Image: images1.jpg]
12-11-2013 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

RE: Community revitalization
I understand your motivation Tiki...and I think you understand my heart was cut out of T:A with the .ini machine gun thingy. I don't pub any more for that reason and the only time I play (and have fun) is with you guys and since I don't play that much anymore and it is unfair to restrict your games by lack of my play I am more than willing to assign the CYGNUS server with the remaining time etc. to you if you think that will help. I'm not sure how to accomplish that but if you are interested let me know. You already have SA on the Ts3 server so you should be good to go there.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013 07:18 PM by OldeWolfe.)
12-12-2013 12:40 AM
OldeWolfe

How about it Tiki...want the server? I think there is something like three months left on it. Surely there is a way to transfer ownership...

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
12-13-2013 07:24 PM
Gorthaur

OldeWolfe please come play with us again in pubs! I miss you. There aren't that many good machine gun players. If anything the snipers are the only thing that bother us and we do bad things to them.
12-27-2013 02:11 PM
OldeWolfe

Been out of town for two weeks or so...thanks for the encouragement Gorthaur...I may see you soon and test the waters.

Happy New Year!

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

12-30-2013 11:56 AM
Tasadar1

Yeah we had a good scrim with the TAW guys last night. Chain was not too bad, they used it for a purpose not just chain whoring.
12-30-2013 01:34 PM
Takavoncracka

As much as things change, things stay the same. Decided to pop into Tribes last night, saw Tikiman was on, decided to join him...and spent all of Crossfire with the enemy Brute named PhatAss grabbing our flag then retreating with a friend or two into our gen room and spamming fractals/gladiators and racking up kills. After 30 minutes of gameplay and 10 minutes of overtime, I believe the score was still 2-2.

I could be wrong, but I believe his own team initiated a vote kick on him, but he of course played the "I have the mental restraint of a 12 year old and I have immunity from any reprecussions on the interwebz" card and didn't care. I left in disgust at how Tribes "pros" are still assholes. Funny enough, I said something very similar about Tribes "pros" long before T:A ever launched...

I now remember why we started the mixers, lol.
01-01-2014 03:55 PM
demontoe

Hey guys I will be trying to play more too in the coming year. I got sucked into a browser game after spending all that time building my kickass comp :< but soon I will be getting back into T:A maybe we could have a pub night. Hope you find time to play again too Olde Wolfe! Are you still playing the star wars mmorpg? peace gardok :>
01-01-2014 05:56 PM
JaggedMarble

He's actually been doing that for months. As much as I want to blame this on HiRez... Breeding retards like him is completely the fault of the tribes " community" such as it is. The community that has an issue with STOPPING hackers because you'll ruin their fun. *sigh* oh well
01-01-2014 05:56 PM
OldeWolfe

Yes DToe...I am still playing SWTOR, but not as much as I was playing T:A. Tiribes was/is my first love as a game but as Taka so aptly pointed out "Tribes Pros" tend to be arsewholes and have been since Starsiege Tribes, and I'm too old to put up with that kind of shtff. Nevertheless I plan to continue to play some T:A with the gang (especially on Sat. night mixer night) and hope for the best. I look forward to see all of you there.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

01-02-2014 10:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Community wide BLITZ matches Monday nights!! XMENIcemanDTM 1 2,779 07-17-2013 06:35 PM
Last Post: Gorthaur