Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building my first PC
Green Eagle

RE: Building my first PC
(10-29-2013 12:48 PM)JaggedMarble Wrote:  I can say for the record I wouldn't worry about AC3 because Uplay is garbage and crashes repeatedly even on perfectly stable systems. Trying to appease Uplay is a fool's errand.

Yep, AC3 is Assasin's Creed 3. Thanks for uPlay info. I have seen that in a lot of reviews. Going to mark that up as a loss $$. I did see a thread somewhere that Steam doesn't like Uplay and it may be an internal thing with there software just to keep Uplay as an underdog with it not working with Steam. Dunno, all hearsay and fanboy stuff.

I haven't researched to much, but I think I am working on the assumption that using an SLI with a matching Vcard, would double the performance. Given I can get a second 'same' Vcard for about $125 as opposed to spending $300 would it match the same output.

I am exhausted on research just looking for a bigger PSU and that alone is going to be about $140. If I can get a new PSU 750w and another Vcard for the price of just a newer Vcard and get the same output, to me is a win.

Thanks for the input guys. I am not sure if it is a good thing, but planning a re-format for the new build here soon. So many things have been done since its original bootup, I am seeing some conflicts (such as when I wake up for work in the morning, apparently it has shut down and restarted) and getting general errors here and there.

Also, not sure when it began, but instead of 'normal' boot up, I get a windows type Dos screen showing files being loaded. It has been a while, probably around the time since I first noticed the 'unexpected shutdown' splash that I see in the mornings.

Welp, will post with findings and thank you.
B
10-29-2013 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JaggedMarble

Ubisoft has a historical hatred for pc gamers due to piracy and idiotic management. It's no surprise their DRM platform is garbage. Even when I had steam off; uplay would crash, repeatedly lose connection, and eat up retarded amount of computer resources doing nothing. Perhaps it's gotten better in the last few months but I doubt it. It's has probably only gotten worse. /rant off Smile
10-30-2013 01:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Takavoncracka

Are you sure you need to drop $140 on a PSU? Possibly if you insist on going modular, but you can get non-modular 550w supplies for around $49 from Tiger Direct. Picked one up as a replacement for an older PC whose PSU had died. I can't imagine the jump to 750 being much more, but perhaps its being modular is kicking the price up. Good luck either way Smile
10-30-2013 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Green Eagle

Yep, it is just a 'want' more than a need really. want to clean up all of those unused wires that are just clumped in the bottom. So is the v-card thing. Just want to beef it up a little. I save up for it specifically, so no harm no foul. Didn't need the new heat sink either, but glad I bought it, albeit it was only like $35. Just tinkering and trying to learn Smile
10-30-2013 07:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Did you finish building the ark OldeWolfe? demontoe 2 3,293 08-29-2017 12:03 AM
Last Post: Green Eagle