Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building my first PC
Green Eagle

RE: Building my first PC
(08-02-2013 08:40 PM)demontoe Wrote:  I took a few of the case and power supply and they are in jpeg format and around 3MB in size. I tried to attach the files but it said they were too big

Should be fixed, sent you a PM Wink
08-02-2013 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demontoe

Hi again, I am still having trouble w/ the image files Frustrated I don't know why my files are so huge. I checked the size of the images you guys had on and they were only a few hundred kB but mine are all like 3MB. Anyway the error I keep getting when I try to add an image is this.

Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of
file is 1024 kilobytes.

That is the message I get after I click on the Add Attachment button. Maybe I can find a way to make the images smaller before I try to upload them Idea not sure. dt
08-03-2013 04:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Green Eagle

Ahhh, alas I know what the culprit is. Not your Attachment Quota, but the size of allowed for that file type. Try her one more time. If you get that message in the future, make sure you downsize the file to less than the the maximum size for that type.

jpeg, gifs, png and bmp are now set to 4mb as the max size instead of the default 1024 kb = 1 mb
08-03-2013 07:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

Hey D.Toe, the Green Eagle has dealt with your upload limit problem, but here's a tip: to comply with the board's limitation on file sizes I process any pictures I want to upload to our site by using the "File/save as/.jpeg" in my graphics program. I reduce the quality to minimal or near minimal which in turn reduces the file size below the board's limit but the pictures remain clear and appear unchanged to the Wolfe's eye.

You may not have a graphics program and I'm not sure what the limitations of Windows Paint are, but thought I'd share this with you just in case you need it sometime.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
08-03-2013 11:00 AM
Green Eagle

Yep, paint will allow you to resize also. So if your image is 2500x3200, you can just scale it down to like 800x600 or something proportional, which in turn reduces the file size.
08-03-2013 03:52 PM
demontoe

Nice, that is an easy way to resize the image files Blush . Paint lets me resize it by either pixels or percents so here is one of the case that I reduced. Cool

It seems so easy now I can't believe I am such a multimedia noob Blush You guys just increased my emedia skillz by 42% Smile Here are the other two pics as well. I'll send more as I go along here. Happy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 05:16 PM by demontoe.)
08-03-2013 05:03 PM
OldeWolfe

Nice pic's D.Toe, is that a Rosewill case, it looks a lot like mine (dual fans lower front)? I notice now though that the box it is setting on says Corsair...

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 07:15 PM by OldeWolfe.)
08-03-2013 07:14 PM
Green Eagle

The side pic looks like mine (Corsair) also, I only have the one intake fan though. I am curious how your front 3.0 USB ports are hooked up. Like I said for my case, I had to route hardwired cables through the back and plug into the MoBo 3.0s on the back.

Good pics, now clean your room Smile
08-03-2013 10:13 PM
demontoe

Well the new comp made it past the post so it should fly. All I have left to do now is install the hard and optical drives and load windows 7 on it as far as hardware. I wanted to make sure it would all work right before I put it in the case so I did a test run with just the RAM and video card to see if the BIOS came up. It did! Wink Here are some more pics I took as I went along. Green Eagle my USB front ports connect to a header next to the main ATX power header. That side of my mobo is next to the front of the case so the wires don't have too far to go. That is strange u would have to run the wires around the back. Check out my mobo pics and u should be able to see the header. The case came w 3 fans, 1 in back and the two front ones I believe to cool the SATA drives. I will send more pics. I attached 12 and I think I hit a limit not sizewise but in the number of attachments because the browse button disappeared and my last pic. Dodgy Having so much fun building it I almost don't want to finish it so I'm taking my time but then I think of how much more fun the games will be and well u know...so I'm off to get some java now then back for the final battle. ttys dt Cool

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-04-2013 04:20 PM
Green Eagle

I see the header for the USB 3, however, the front ports came hardwired with actual 3.0 male ends that have to plugged into an actual 3.0 port. Hmmm, oh well.

2 things, did you have to use thermal paste on your heat sink and check your RAM card slot installation in your MoBo manual. Everything I have seen in my research, usually has the Memory sticks installed in a blue/blue, white/white, black/black situation. Never beside each other. I could be wrong, but I do think your sticks should be only in the blue slots and not black and blue.

Pics looks good, I installed everything and then did a first Boot, most tell you to do it outside the case. I was just in a hurry Smile

looks like you are using an old PC as a table Smile that's funny
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 04:54 PM by Green Eagle.)
08-04-2013 04:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Did you finish building the ark OldeWolfe? demontoe 2 3,293 08-29-2017 12:03 AM
Last Post: Green Eagle