Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
CYGNUS Teamspeak3 Problem
Spinebuster

RE: CYGNUS Teamspeak3 Problem
Can someone post the info to the ts server Black Mongoose has? We may want to have something ready just incase. We could always use Axon too.

Online Sports League
07-12-2013 08:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

I believe this is the correct address:
net.teamspeak3.com

Didn't he go by Mongoose for a while?

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
07-12-2013 09:51 PM
Gorthaur

Cygnus is back up. Mongoose TS and also axon are both available as backups. I used search to find cygnus again and added it to bookmarks. In addition to Cygnus being down for a while it was having trouble with my connecting to it as I usually do on my computer that's why I had to search for it. I didn't see any typos.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2013 10:50 AM by Gorthaur.)
07-13-2013 10:49 AM
OldeWolfe

EDIT: As of this moment, 13 July, 11:30 A.M., the Ts3 server IP is VOICE-TX4.BRANZONE.COM:10016
Thanks for the info Gorthaur. Here is Brandon's reply to my support ticket:
Quote:Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response. As you may be aware the voice-tx1.branzone.com hostname and associated IP has been plagued with DDoS attacks over the last week or two. There is very little that we can do to prevent these kinds of attacks from happening since we are unable to determine which voice server is the target.

To restore your service and to reduce the possibility of a DDoS attack like this taking your server offline for an extended period of time in the future, we have moved your voice server to the following address:

VOICE-TX4.BRANZONE.COM:10016

All users, channels, permissions should be intact. However the "virtual server id" has changed and if you had any custom icons, avatars or files please reply to this ticket and let us know so that we can restore them manually.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work through these attacks.

--
Brandon M.
About an hour later I received this:
Quote:Branzone.com - Dallas Voice Servers

As you may be aware the voice-tx1.branzone.com hostname and the associated IP have been plagued with DDoS attacks over the last couple weeks causing major disruption in services hosted on the hostname. There is very little that we can do to prevent these kinds of attacks from happening since we are unable to determine the target voice server.

At this time the voice-tx1.branzone.com hostname is back online with IP address 67.222.138.191. We always recommend using the hostname rather than the IP to connect to your voice server incase we need to change the IP associated with the hostname without warning.

Today we brought up more hostnames at our Dallas location to reduce the number of impacted accounts when a DDoS attack occurs. With the additional hostnames we are able to break up the total number of servers hosted on a single IP. If you would like to have your voice server switched to a different hostname/IP, please open a support ticket and we will make the change as soon as possible. All users, channels, permissions will remain intact. Even the port will remain the same, only the hostname/IP will change.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work through these attacks.

----
Branzone, Inc.

Everyone should bear in mind when/if the Ts3 server goes down that we should move to the Dolby Axon server (Dolby Axon can be downloaded here) or perhaps try the Mongoose server (IP is in this thread).
EDIT: As of this moment, 13 July, 11:30 A.M., the Ts3 server IP is VOICE-TX4.BRANZONE.COM:10016

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2013 02:16 PM by OldeWolfe.)
07-13-2013 12:25 PM
Gorthaur

Remember to check both the new temporary cygnus server (do a search in the channels if you cant see it) and also mongoose's channel. I was accidentally in the wrong one but people found me.
07-13-2013 02:04 PM
demontoe

I failed to connect too and did what Gorthaur suggested to search for cygnus in the server list and
that worked. I will try to use the number IP from now on. Damn haxors :O
07-13-2013 08:05 PM
OldeWolfe

Okay, just heard from Brandon at Branzon.com and the new (temporary) IP for our Ts3 will indeed be permanent, so everyone should make the IP change. It is now officially:
VOICE-TX4.BRANZONE.COM:10016

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

07-13-2013 11:48 PM
OldeWolfe

I asked Branzone if there were a Ts3 server IP available that was not included in the DDoS attacks that our server has been enduring. Here is his reply:
Quote:Short answer, the voice-tx1.branzone.com hostname is being attacked repeatedly, specifically targeted.

Long answer, numerous voice servers are hosted from the same hostname and are just given a different port number. The hostname voice-tx1.branzone.com is being targeted specifically, most likely by someone who was banned or kicked from one of the voice servers. The attacks do not target a specific port so we cannot determine who the target customer is or we would have removed them from our hosting.

When an attack happens the target IP is null-routed (turned off) for 12-24 hours. By adding additional hostnames and dividing up the hosted voice servers on multiple IP's it greatly reduces the downtime when an attack does happen. When an attack happens it should be detected and dealt with by the datacenter within 5-10 minutes, but sometimes the attacks take longer to detect. But once the target IP is blocked then everything is back to normal. This is the best we can offer at this location at this time, either the target customer will eventually cancel because of the attacks or the attacker will get bored and move on.

The voice-tx1.branzone.com hostname is still getting attacked, although we have minimized the downtime by adding the extra hostnames they are still impacted for a short period of time until the attack is blocked. We can move your voice server to a different location now that we know your server isn't the target of the attacks. We have available:

Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Virginia
--
Brandon M.
It would appear that if we moved our server location we might be able to exclude ourselves from the DDoS attack. If we were to do so, which location do you guys think would be best for us?

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 09:52 AM by OldeWolfe.)
07-30-2013 09:51 AM
Spinebuster

Chicago

Online Sports League
07-30-2013 04:05 PM
Tasadar1

Virginia has some really good fiber optic pipelines. That said, it is impossible to know if the TS server will be connected to them. Chicago is a jungle, IP's route through there using multiple paths, and most of them suck.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 04:44 PM by Tasadar1.)
07-30-2013 04:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Brick Teamspeak3 Information OldeWolfe 1 5,449 01-07-2013 12:03 AM
Last Post: OldeWolfe