Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dolby Axon
Spinebuster

Dolby Axon
I have heard several people mention this voice chat software so i decided to check it out. We may need to have something available incase teamspeak doesnt want to cooperate with some of the higher player counts. This software also is free and doesnt require the use of server rentals in order to use it. I have it downloaded and would like to play around with it more to see what all we can do with it. Check it out for yourself and let me know.

https://axon.dolby.com/

Online Sports League
05-12-2013 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldeWolfe

RE: Dolby Axon
Yah...NetRat mentioned it to me a while back, have it installed...actually played a few maps with the [CAS] bunch using it. Great sound, interesting GUI, let me know when you want to test it out and I'll be on line for you. My thoughts are that the sound is so good we may consider making a move to it as primary.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

[Image: owprints8.gif]
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright".
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 11:04 AM by OldeWolfe.)
05-12-2013 11:03 AM
JaggedMarble

We wanna try this out sometime this week? Since there are a few of us on most nights we can give it a good test and learn some of the ins and outs of it before giving it a bigger test like at a mixer? I know jack about it so far.. we need user names to chat on there right because there's no server to connect to right?
05-15-2013 12:29 AM
OldeWolfe

I'll set up a permanent server named CYGNUS, and my understanding is one has to be invited to join by a "friend", so ... once you have Axon installed be sure to add me and Spinebuster as friends so we can invite you to join.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms,
05-15-2013 02:33 PM
OldeWolfe

Several of us tried Axon the other night and found that there were some echoes for a few of us. Here is what Axon support has to say about that:
Quote:I hear a loud echo over my headset while listening to other Axon users.

When using Axon with Windows XP: The Wave Out Mix or Mono Out options under Recording Control may have been selected.

Make sure that the Recording Control option for Microphone is selected (check box = checked) as located in Control Panel / Sounds and Audio Device Properties / Sound Recording / Advanced.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

05-17-2013 10:39 PM
JaggedMarble

Bump! Download axon for this weekend guys! Add Oldewolfe, spinebuster, or JaggedMarble (probably several others) and we can send you an invite to the Cygnus channel.

Edit: You CAN receive channel invites while not logged into Axon. So just invite at least one of us and we can accept when we're on next and send a channel invite even if you're not still online.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2013 04:35 PM by JaggedMarble.)
05-22-2013 04:23 PM
Spinebuster

Definitely a different experience last night. It seems to be a decent alternative if we have future issues with teamspeak.

There are two things that i dont like about the progam. I dont care for how you have to move yourself in order to seperate into a different channel and it got really confusing who was all there once 20+ showed up.

Still not a bad program though. We just need something that is a little more manageable to hold 30-50 players a little more efficiently. I think an Alternate Teamspeak server is the better option though. I know Mongoose said he has one that we could use if oldewolfe's crashes or whatever so i think that is a better option.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen Black Mongoose lately?

Online Sports League
05-26-2013 08:42 AM
JaggedMarble

The not being able to move people was a bummer but hopefully that's something that'll get added. Other then that I just noticed a lot of the problems we had were ones that we had on teamspeak. Lots of chatter slowing us when picking teams and lots of chatter in-game which cause important messages to get lost. I like chatting too but it was causing team picking to take 20 minutes instead of 2. I do believe we need to use our channel instead of the CAS channel in the future for the simple fact none of us have admin there (nor should we really) and we need admins for invites etc.
05-26-2013 11:56 AM
OldeWolfe

My understanding is that Axon is working on more options for the next release.

I haven't seen Mongoose lately.

I've "promoted" several people on the Dolby Axon permanent server I set up including Spinebuster and Jagged Marble, but I'm still not sure if being promoted is the same thing as SA on Ts3.

Cygnus TeamSpeak Viewer

06-01-2013 10:27 AM
JaggedMarble

I think I've added everyone from my list to the cygnus channel. Make sure to at least one of us to your friend's list when you install guys, or we can't add you to the channel.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 11:42 AM by JaggedMarble.)
06-01-2013 11:41 AM